Tuesday, March 31, 2015

DIY Recycled Ring Box

I've been a on a display kick lately, I know. I like to have options and I like to prepare for events way in advance. I have a few community events coming up and I want to be ready.

So today, I'm going to share how to make a Ring Box from recycled items. This project requires NO GLUING, NO SEWING, NO COMPLICATED STEPS.  If you are a reluctant crafter - this is an awesome project for you.

Here's what you will need:

1 - old box or box lid - it should be a low profile box.
1 - felt or fabric - old curtains and shirts work well.
1 - bag of cotton balls - on hand or from the $1 store.

Follow These Steps:

  1. Cut the fabric to the width of your box and make sure it's 2 - 3 times longer than your box. 
  2. Lay your fabric down and place cotton balls in a line on the fabric.
  3. Roll the fabric over the cotton balls, then place the fabric with the initial roll in the box.
  4. Lift the fabric and place a new line of cotton balls in the box.
  5. Lay the fabric over the new line of cotton balls.


Continue doing this until your box insert is complete.

For a visual on how to do these steps, check out my video:


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment