Saturday, March 28, 2015

Transporting My Paparazzi Jewelry Display to a Show

I had my first jewelry party last night and it went pretty well. I sold 50 pcs of jewelry with no demos or needing to say anything other than everything on the rack is $5.  The expressions were priceless. I've already managed to recoup the cost of my kit.


So I thought I would be a good idea to share now I transported my rack display.  I shared in a previous post how I created my display, now the actual trick is in transporting it from my house to a show.
As you can see my I organized all my jewelry on the board at home. I didn't want to have to take all the jewelry off and put it back up. So I transported my display with the jewelry attached.  To do that I had to get creative, so I purchased:

1 - Twin Foam Mattress pad at Target (got my 5%)
1 - Set of 6 bungee cords ($6)

I cut the foam to the size of the boards and I sandwiched a piece of foam between two boards and bungee corded them together.


Then I broke down my rack into three pieces, Top, Bottom and Base. The pieces snap back together easily.

I put all the pieces in my truck, unloaded and setup at the party in under 10 minutes. Everyone was shopping before I could finish setting up.



I broke down in even less time at the end of the party and go everything back home with no problems. I think this is the easiest setup I've ever made for any event. I also sell handmade makeup that I make and my show setups are a bit more involved and I have to do demos and answer tons of questions. The $5 jewelry sells itself - literally.


SIDE NOTE: 
All the proceeds from my jewelry sales benefit The Fairy Godmother Initiative - an organization that I founded 8 years ago that provides girls with a FREE dress for prom. To learn more about the charity visit http://ctpromdress.com.

You can help support our event by donating a gently used dress, purchasing $5 jewelry at http://5dollarblingfix.com or by making a small monetary donation here.

INTERESTED IN STARTING YOUR OWN $5 JEWELRY BUSINESS? 
Get started with only $99. 



No comments:

Post a Comment